Brewt Power Systems offers an extensive line of TORTELLA spading machines. Tortella is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of agricultural machinery for the preparation and working of soil, particularly in specialized cultivation. The Spader has become the tool of choice for growers intent on reviving and maintaining healthy soil structure.
Unlock Your Soil’s Potential
Soil preparation with a Tortella Spader
- Increases aeration – adds oxygen
- Improves drainage & increases water retention
- Eliminates compaction – creates a healthy soil structure
- Deep soil cultivation -up to 12 inches – fractures hardpan
- Works amendments & green manure deep into soil structure
- Promotes root development
- Primary & Secondary Tillage in a Single Pass
A spader is good for the soil!
Soil compaction is the nemesis of soil structure. Gradual compaction from increased tractor activity can quickly destroy a soil’s health, turning soils that were once vibrant and complex into mere dirt. Reviving the soil’s “tilth”, or healthy structure, can be immediately impacted by the use of a spading machine. It will turn hard, compacted soils into deeply fractured structures while avoiding mixing sub-soils with surface soils. By fracturing surface compaction and lower-level hard pans, drainage and aeration are immediately improved. At the same time, green manures and crop residues can be effectively incorporated into the soil profile. Most important, all of this can be accomplished in a single pass.